Data Quality Assessment
The Impact of Data Quality
Data Assessment Framework
Data Quality Assessment Requirements
•Have an idea about the quality of data
•Raise awareness of the quality of data within the organization
•Identify data quality issues before the projects to be realized such as master data management, risk management or segmentation etc.
•Does the organization need a data quality tool?
•Take actions on data quality to increase confidence in data within the organization
Data Quality Assessment Approach
- Ability to access source systems such as
- Relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Mainframes (Db2 for z/OS)
- Big data platforms (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, HDInsights)
- Flat Files
Data Profiling Capabilities
- Pre-defined Turkish data quality rules for name, surname, citizen number etc.
- Column Profiling for gathering statistics such as
- Value Frequency and Pattern
- Null and Distinct value ratios
- Max and Min values
- Definition of data quality weights
- Displaying data quality results with different metrics such as