Data Quality Asssessment
The Impact of Data Quality
Data Assessment Framework
Data Quality Assessment Requirements
- Have an idea about the quality of data
- Raise awareness of the quality of data within the organization
- Identify data quality issues before the projects to be realized such as master data management, risk management or segmentation etc.
- Does the organization need a data quality tool?
- Take actions on data quality to increase confidence in data within the organization
Data Quality Assessment Approach
- Ability to access source systems such as
- Relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Mainframes (Db2 for z/OS)
- Big data platforms (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, HDInsights)
- Flat Files
Data Profiling Capabilities
- Pre-defined Turkish data quality rules for name, surname, citizen number etc.
- Column Profiling for gathering statistics such as
- Value Frequency and Pattern
- Null and Distinct value ratios
- Max and Min values
- Definition of data quality weights
- Displaying data quality results with different metrics such as