PowerCenter Monitoring Accelerator
Data Management Framework
Powercenter Monitoring Requirements
How to detect
- Failed workflow/sessions?
- Rejected records in session?
- Sessions running less/longer than X/average?
- Sessions loading rows less/more than X/average?
- Zombie workflow/sessions?
- Successfully completed sessions but zero records loaded?
- Objects not matching naming conventions?
- Invalid Objects?
- Sessions with pushdown optimization active?
- Mappings with SQL-Override?
What is PowerCenter Monitoring Accelerator
- Works on Informatica PowerCenter
- Protect Data Integration environments with pre-defined and extendable rules and queries
- Identify issues and problems about all types of objects automatically
- Measure environment health with various categories
- Alert mechanism for highly critical errors
- Ready infrastructure to automate
PowerCenter Monitoring Accelerator High Level Architecture
What it is Key Benefits?
Reduce Risk of Data Integration
- Detect DI issues before they become problems
- Provides a proper DI environment in Operational and Governance
Enhance IT’s Productivity, Agility
- Speeding up detection for Operational or Governance problems
- Provides short response time
- Alert different teams or members based on rules
Monitor DI Processes and SLA’s
- Reduces cost of Monitoring
- Classify as Low and High Level Problems by set Weight and Threshold values to the rules
- Monitor patterns, trends and deviations
PowerCenter Monitoring Accelerator Approach
- Decide metrics to be checked
- Review default categories and rule types and add new ones if necessary
- Set weight, threshold, responsible person values for newly added rules
- Write Repository Queries for newly added rules
- Implement & Execute Queries
- Built-in and extendable monitoring rules
- Drilldown to faulted objects
- Folder, Workflow, Session, Mapping, Transformation
- Tracking monitoring rules in multiple metrics
- Operational, Governance
- Schedule Jobs
- Reporting results and alert mechanism
- Detailed error logs
- User privileges
- Easy implementation for new rules and categories